Central Atlantic Conference
Justice & Witness Action Network
Racial Justice Facilitators Training
Moving the Racial Justice Agenda Forward
March 1-3, 2019
Camp Wabanna, 101 Likes Rd, Edgewater, MD 21037
The Central Atlantic Conference is pleased to offer an interactive training session designed to provide baseline preparation for persons desiring to facilitate congregational and community discussions and actions to promote racial justice. Components of the session will include a spiritual basis for racial justice work, opportunities for personal reflection, overview of forms of racism and its impact on individuals and society, and strategies to advance change.
The objective is that by the end of the training, participants will be able to more effectively facilitate conversations and training activities related to racial justice in general, and UCC materials in particular, including White Privilege Curriculum, Conversations on Race, and Conversations to End Racism. They will be able to:
- Articulate the spiritual basis for racial justice work
- Describe the impact of racism on society – interpersonally and individually
- Identify and declare some of the impact of racism in their personal lives, e.g., internalized oppression, white privilege, white fragility, etc.
- List strategies to combat racism
- Demonstrate ability to facilitate conversations that help people feel comfortable with being uncomfortable
If you are interested in learning more and participating in this training, please RSVP for more information