New Visions Q & A
New Visions campaign
Campaign Fact Sheet
1. What are the campaign goals?
a. To raise at least $300,000 in pledges and gifts by annual meeting 2013.
b. To increase total annual giving to OCWM in the Conference $125,000 above the present level by the end of 2014.
2. What will the New Visions campaign funds be used for?
The new funding will support a part-time staff position devoted to new church starts and projects in congregational renewal and vitality, and support programming and resources in these areas.
3. May I make a pledge or good faith commitment payable over a period of time?
Yes. Commitments may be paid monthly, quarterly or annual installments from
now until early 2014.
4. Can I contribute to the campaign on-line?
5. May I use stock to pay all or a portion of my commitment?
Yes. Contact Arnetta Jones in the Conference office for specific instructions for
completing a transfer of stock.
6. Will individual churches be assigned a goal for the campaign?
No. Each congregation is invited to set its own goal for the campaign. Churches are invited
to develop creative ways to participate. A list of suggestions for promoting the campaign is
available at the New Visions campaign link on the Conference web site.
7. Is there a guideline for giving by churches in support of Our Churches Wider Mission?
The basic guide is that each church should determine a level of giving to OCWM equal to a
selected percentage of its operating budget. An OCWM worksheet is provided for
calculating your church’s present and planned OCWM commitment.
8. What is the distribution of OCWM Basic support between the Conference and the national
Setting of the church?
The Conference retains 70% for its ministries; 30% is sent to the national setting.
9. What information will the Conference provide about the campaign?
The New Visions brochure and the Fact Sheet is the basic source. In addition, a power point presentation is available on the Conference’s web site, and a periodic newsletter will be provided.
10. Are there new church start efforts and church renewal projects underway in the Conference now?
Yes. There are eight new church start efforts underway as well as three renewal projects
being developed, with others under consideration.